Monday 29 January 2007

Welcome to THE CLINT EASTWOOD ARCHIVE

I've been a Clint Eastwood collector for some time now, well, for over 30 years at least! I have met the man himself, and was credited on the 2003 Biography Documentary 'Gut Instinct' for the A & E channel in the U.S. for which I was also responsible for naming. I am credited also on FSM's restored Where Eagles Dare Soundtrack CD and several other Eastwood related items or projects. Of late I have been helping out the Schifrin (Lalo) company ALEPH with their CD booklets for the restored and first time released titles; The Enforcer and Sudden Impact, both due for release this year (2007).
I will keep this brief as my first post, as I am new to this whole Blog experience and to tell you the truth I'm not even sure what I am typing is actually going to end up in any shape or form at all, time will tell..
All I can tell you is that I intend to build this blog as a way of publicising my material to companies who are seeking out rare items, photographs or memorabilia for use within future projects. As well as the Clint Eastwood side of my archive there is a general film collection consisting of 1000's of other images, lobby cards, posters and press books ranging from the 30's to the glorious 70's and beyond.
Soundtracks are also a great love of mine, and for the last 3 years I have written a regular soundtrack column within our magazine Cinema RetroI have also had the great pleasure of Interviewing the Legendary composer Lalo Schifrin (Bullitt, Dirty Harry, Enter the Dragon, Magnum Force) at great length, exclusively for the Magazine. As well as a fan of Schifrin, I am a solid collector of the late great Jerry Goldsmith whom I had the privilege to see in concert on 3 or 4 occasions as well as the incredible John Barry and Ennio Morricone, who thankfully, I have also witnessed in all of their glory.
So there is always more than enough going on to keep me busy, which really makes me question why I started this extra activity up in the first place? Oh well it's done now, let's hope it works!

5 comments:

maurizio said...

hello i'm an italian clint fan, very compliments for your blog. i hope you continue with wew photo,videons and news...
sorry for my english

maurizio said...

hi. I'm an italian clint fan.
your blog is very nice, i hope you continue with your great job in the future

bye

Clint's archive said...

Maurizio, thank you for taking the time to leave a comment or two, it is very much appreciated and you are more than welcome here anytime, oh and your English is perfecto! Welcome to our loyal family here!

The Clint Eastwood Archive

Jasmine said...

Hi!
Can you tell me if Clint Eastwood: Gut Instinct DVD is available to buy online? I haven't been able to find it anywhere.
Thanks very much.

Clint's archive said...

Hello Jasmine,
Nice to have you here.
Firstly, The title GUT INSTINCT was its production title and not really relevent for a dvd search where it is simply known as CLINT EASTWOOD BIOGRAPHY, produced for the A&E channel. I'm not sure where you are in the world, but please note that this DVD is actually American. It is available very cheaply on Amazon (great value for such a wonderful Documentary) here is a link for you.
http://www.amazon.com/Biography-Clint-Eastwood/dp/B000BKVLAM

Let me know how you get on, and many thanks for leaving a comment, you're welcome anytime.
Best
TCEA