My great friend Robin Esterhammer of Perseverance Records contacted me today with some wonderful news. The Clint Eastwood Archive is very proud to be the first to announce the remastered release of Jerry Fielding's superb score for Clint's 1977 action packed film The Gauntlet. Robin also wanted to send this personal message to everyone here:
This is a special announcement for the fans of The Clint Eastwood Archive. This release hasn't been announced on our Web site or message boards yet. You will be the first to order this great album!
Original Motion Picture Soundtrack (Jerry Fielding)
PRR 043 / $12.98
Perseverance Records is proud to announce the reissue of the soundtrack to Clint Eastwood's 1977 action film, The Gauntlet. Jerry Fielding has worked with Clint Eastwood on four films and has worked with some other great directors in his career (Peckinpah, Preminger, Irwin Allen, Michael Ritchie) as well as on numerous television series. We are excited to reissue this album at a really low $12.98. This is another example of a release many people missed out on from the Warner France reissue released in early 2000s.
· The masters sound really good. As with the Exorcist, Warner Music remastered this for us.
· Liner notes by Fielding authority Nick Redman.
· This is a straight reissue using the track listing from the original LP and the Warner France CD. It’s a great representation of the score from the film.
· Priced to sell at $12.98. There will only be 3,000 copies manufactured. We will not make any more after we reach that total.
· We used the original artwork on this the same way we did for Exorcist II. We love the look of the CD as it brings back the original LP’s front and back graphics.
· Please keep this in mind. Our deal for this album lasts for a specific period of years. With the market shifting dramatically to digital it is highly doubtful another label reissues this recording. Grab it while you can.
Please enjoy. For anybody asking why this is being released the way it is, it’s simple. I want to make sure these kinds of releases get the light of day at reasonable prices. There are many other consumers out there who aren’t avid collectors and simply buy a film score because they saw the movie on TV or heard it someplace. They are the silent minority when it comes to film score sales. We want to provide you and them a chance to own these releases at a reasonable price versus the crazy sums of money speculators try to charge. It's as simple as that. We want to make sure all of our reissues are viewed as good deals.
To order, click here
German Movie Posters