Saturday 7 December 2019

Inside Kung Fu Magazine, February 1978

The February 1978 edition of Inside Kung Fu Magazine is often regarded among Eastwood fans as one of the coolest of cover shots. Clint is featured on the cover with Martial arts expert Donnie Williams, cool enough… Then there’s Clint wearing the holster and holding the gun from his latest action thriller, The Gauntlet. And finally, add to that the belt buckles that both Clint and Donnie are wearing, featuring Clint as Josey Wales. Yes, there is a lot to like about this shot. It’s a photo that I have been looking out to obtain for a great deal of years - without success. It’s much like the magazine itself. Tracking down a copy has also been something of a challenge, but I’m glad to say the hunt is finally over.  I have to give a big shout out (and my sincere thanks) to friend of the archive Gary Bennett who kindly sold me this magazine.
                Whilst the cover image appears on the web from time to time, the article inside is seldom seen. Therefore, I have taken the opportunity to now share this on the archive. I have scanned the first 4 pages which covers the relevant text and photos featuring Clint. Beyond this point, the article extends to another 3 pages but the focus is more on Williams and his career.
Click on images for higher resolution and full size view


No comments: