Sunday 19 January 2020

Clint Eastwood Photo Opportunity #15

Whilst I will also be posting this photo on the dedicated Hang ‘em high page (here) I also felt it was worthy of its own Photo Opportunity. In many ways it is also a pretty fair representation of the great deal of work and effort that often goes into presenting an image in the finest possible quality – and taking into account that some, like this example, are pretty hard and rare to find in any other ‘clean’ version.
As an example, I have published here (for the first time) both a before and after set of images. The first is of course the finished photo. It shows a superb image of Clint whist on location filming his first American western, Hang ‘em high (1967). Below that is the original image that it was created from. I have to thank my friend Davy Triumph for finding and sending this image of a German magazine that he saw on Ebay. Davy gives me more than enough headaches with these sort of challenges, but like me, he has a healthy respect for such wonderful photos and likes nothing more than seeing it saved (if possible) and presented on these pages.
I can understand that the amount of work that is often carried out on these photos probably goes unnoticed, but the long hours involved is a reflection of our efforts in making this the finest possible site dedicated to Clint and his legacy. I hope you enjoy.

No comments: