Sunday 26 January 2020

Ennio Morricone ‎– For a Fistful of Dollars Rare LP

I was fortunate enough to finally obtain this rare Ennio Morricone LP last week. I’ve been after this particular version for a good many years now, and it was thanks to friend of the Archive, Rocco who kindly sold me this. The 1977 Netherlands LP (RCA International ‎– CL 17146), is in terms of content,  pretty much the same as the basic RCA Camden issue, except of course for the amazing artwork which is very  different. For this particular release they have used the concept art from the original Yugoslavian poster (as well as the Spanish and Italian re-release poster). I always loved this poster and luckily have one in my collection – and probably the reason why this LP was always high on my list and so appealing to me. The album was made in Holland by Inelco Nederland from master recordings owned or controlled by RCA Records. I’m very grateful to Rocco who does have a stock of soundtrack albums which he will be listing from time to time, so be sure to check out his page here 
Below: The original Yugoslavian poster

No comments: