Monday 1 June 2020

Celebrating Clint at 90, eventually

It was a pitiful case of bad timing that stopped me from posting this on Clint’s actual birthday, yesterday. Unfortunately, there was a major problem with my internet on Friday which rendered me without any form of connectivity with the internet. Today, 3 days on it was finally repaired and put right, so my thanks to Virgin for their swift work. I had the above montage all designed and finished last Thursday and it was all good to go. I wanted to create something simple but effective that represented Clint through the 60s, 70s, 80s, 90s and the 2000s.

Knowing Clint as we do, we know he’s a gentleman who is not one for fuss. So, as we always do, it’s a simple gesture from everyone here at the archive, and of course, on behalf of his millions of fans around the world when we say Happy Birthday Sir, we wish you continued health and happiness. Sincere congratulations on meeting this milestone birthday.  

The Archive on the airwaves-
Thankfully, I’m glad to report that the 90th celebrations were not an entire wipe-out on our part. Today I was very pleased to accept an invitation from BBC WM Radio to appear on their show and discuss Clint on his career and reaching his 90th Birthday. It almost didn’t happen due to my home phone also out of use with my server down and out of action. I have to thank two of my closest, Davy and Jayne who were rushing around in the background, taking messages and calls from the Radio Station and in order to try and get hold of me. Anyway, it eventually all happened and it turned out to be a nice little piece. So my thanks also to presenter Paul Franks and his assistant, the delightful Catherine Lund not only for their patience, but for making it all happen.
Catherine is sending me over an MP3 version, so I will get my A/V team on the job and will get it posted here very soon.

1 comment:

alberto said...

Great post, as always. Love your blog, visit it every day. Happy birthday , dear Clint