Thursday 18 June 2020

Sergio Leone: Once upon a time in Italy Exhibition, Media Press Kit

I have to thank my long-time friend Dave Worrall today. Dave has been so generous over the years. I’ve often had an unexpected knock at the door with a driver standing there for me to take charge of a large box from him. Today was no exception. Dave is a champion when it comes to supporting the Archive, and has donated many pieces for me to home and take care of.
So today, this beauty arrives, a very large press/media kit for the Sergio Leone: Once upon a time in Italy exhibition which took place July 30th 2005 through Jan 22nd 2006 at the Autry National Center in L.A. It’s a wonderful piece - containing a wealth of information sheets, Exhibition programme, flyers and a great double-sided insert style advertisement on card - all wrapped up and contained within its own open out wallet folder.
I remember Dave attending this as it was being covered within Cinema Retro Magazine at the time. Dave thank you so much for sending in this stuff and supporting the Archive as you do. I hope these pictures do it some kind of justice. You’re a diamond Sir.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow!!! A fantastic insight into the Sergio Leone exhibition I so longed to be at!!! I remember this so much,a collection of original dollar posters,props,costumes...and the holy grail clint's poncho! Forward now 14 years March 16th 2020 (week of the covid lockdown) my wife and I booked a four day city break in Rome and planed all the main attractions associated with this city.It was only by chance searched for Leone points of interest to find out there was a Leone exhibit that had been running since December 2020, till may 2020,and I thought what a fantastic bonus this would have been top of the visit list....and yes you've guessed it because of world events that holiday like millions of others was cancelled! As Clint and Leone fans if ever this was to be an event in this country it would be a MUST to attend, and even support with the vast collections most of us have...long live Leone!!! Stay safe Mal.