This year's long-awaited 'Movie Classic's Special' is a 116-page Limited Edition Deluxe issue celebrating the American Westerns of Clint Eastwood featuring in-depth chapters on: Hang 'Em High, Paint Your Wagon, Two Mules For Sister Sara, The Beguiled, Joe Kidd, High Plains Drifter, The Outlaw Josey Wales, Pale Rider, and Unforgiven. Featuring 100s of photographs, rare behind-the-scenes stills and movie poster art, including location photos - then and now, and even props that exist to this day in private collections. Also includes a chapter on Eastwood's early Western roles and TV appearances, and a 5-page feature on poster designer Bill Gold, complete with unused artwork and visuals.
UK: £12.50. Europe: £15.50. Prices include shipping.
Available from the UK office (cheques payable Cinema Retro): PO Box 1570, Christchurch, Dorset, BH23 4XS or go to your Paypal page and send fee electronically. Our recipient address is email@example.com. Please put in message box what your order is for.
America and Rest of the World: This will be available late August. Please check our web site here for announcements.
I was proud to be assigned to this project, acting as both consultant and on the main image archives. Seeing all of our hard work for the first time this morning in all of its physical glory was amazing. We are all incredibly proud of the finished project which works superbly alongside its companion piece, the Cinema Retro Dollar Trilogy Special.
- Full coverage of 'A Fistful of Dollars', 'For a Few Dollars More' and 'the Good, the Bad and the Ugly' - and why these films remain timeless cinematic classics.
- 80 full pages (16 pages more than the standard Cinema Retro issue)
- Packed with hundreds of rare production stills, collectibles and international movie poster art culled from archives from around the world.
- Many photos never before published - including rare behind the scenes production stills from people who acted as extras in 'The Good, the Bad and the Ugly'
- Special foreword by Leone biographer Sir Christopher Frayling
- The legendary film locations - then and now
- Coverage of the rare, deleted sequences