Sunday 26 May 2019

The C.E.A.S. Magazine issue No 1 (re-invented)

Back in the 1970s the Hardcore Clint Eastwood fans only had one way of keeping up with the Clint Eastwood news and what was happening in Clintworld – It was of course The Clint Eastwood Appreciation Society. It was formed here within the UK by my long-time friend Davy Turner. Many of those original members continue to help me to this day. It’s a strong bond that never weakens. It was because of those great days that I began this site, in order to continue that community spirit. Today two of those original members David Vernall-Downes and his brother Jonathan Downes sent me a reworking of the original 4 page debut (January 1978) edition of the CEAS magazine. It’s a wonderful reminder of what could be done back in the days of a simple manual typewriter, a photocopier and a very tight budget. It all looks very simple and humble when viewed today, but it was the start of our own little piece of paper paradise.  So, for nostalgic reasons, I’ve reproduced those 4 simple pages here on the Archive as it should be.
A very big thank you to David Vernall-Downes, Jonathan Downes and of course Davy Turner for without whom…


1 comment:

Chris Pickard said...

I used to subscribe to the CEAS back when I was a kid growing up in England, pre-internet! Takes me back just to hear about it again I thought it was long forgotten!