Wednesday 3 September 2014

Clint Eastwood's son Scott reveals star's humbling career advice

Clint Eastwood's son Scott reveals star's humbling career advice
By ELEANOR GOWER FOR MAILONLINE, 2nd September 2014

As the son of Oscar winning actor and director Clint, Scott Eastwood could have grown up with a lot of pressure to follow in his famous father's footsteps. However, the 28-year-old heart-throb says the Unforgiven star wasn't too fussed about him going into show business.

'(Dad) didn't care what I did,' Scott told Jenna Bush Hager during an interview with The Today Show on Tuesday.  'He didn't care if I was a plumber or if I was an actor. He said, "Whatever you do just do it well. Just be humble about (what you do), and be a good guy and tell the truth." 
'We grew up in an area where men were sort of men and I can't thank him enough for teaching me just to go out there,' he added. 'He didn't care what I did.'
However, growing up around his father's movie sets helped Scott realise he wanted to act as a career. 
'It was great to see the master at work and be a part of it,' he told Hager. 'I think when I was in high school, maybe I was a little too cool for it or maybe girls were more important, I don't know. But then I realised "This is a great life - I want to do this. So I better figure it out."'
Famous for being an actor of few words, Clint, 84, advised his son in his chosen career to 'Be humble and work hard and be a man,' as well as 'Show up and do the job.'
Taking the advice on board, Scott resides away from the movie scene in San Diego.
'I live a very simple life,' he revealed. 'I live away from all the Hollywood hype and I try to keep it that way.'
However, the up and coming star received his fair share of female attention after topping the list of top 50 bachelors in Town & Country magazine earlier this year. 'It's all in good fun. You can't take yourself too seriously,' he said about appearing in the magazine, with many of the accompanying photographs featuring him showing off his toned torso.
'I'll be honest - my buddies are always going round saying "Put a shirt on jeez", but I grew up on the beach,' he laughed. 'I grew up surfing. I grew up outdoors. I've sort of always liked being shirtless.'
His next part - in Nicholas Sparks movie The Longest Ride, will no doubt attract female movie goers, although, having appeared in close to 20 films, Scott is reluctant to describe it as his film breakthrough.
'Breakout role is a kind of loose term,' he mused. 'I don't know what that means anymore. I'm lucky to be working. I'm happy to be working.'

Sparks, of course is famous for penning a series of weepy movies, including Ryan Gosling vehicle The Notebook, The Last Song and The Lucky One.
'I cried when I watched The Notebook for the first time,' Scott admitted. 'Any guy who tells you they didn't cry when they watched The Notebook's just lying.'
Scott will also appear in World War II movie Fury, alongside Brad Pitt and Shia LaBeouf, to be released in October. One of two children from the actor's relationship with flight attendant Jacelyn Reeves, Scott also has five other half siblings. 

No comments: