Sunday 3 February 2019

Who said vinyl was dead?

It’s been very interesting watching this beautiful piece of vinyl on Ebay over the last week with a group of friends of the Archive. As a collector of vinyl myself, I have to say – this was a new one to me. The 7” EP from Mexico features 3 original Ennio Morricone tracks from The Good, the Bad and the Ugly and dates from 1970. But the real appeal is the striking cover design and proves that it isn’t just artwork that sells - but the use of superb colour photos in an imaginative context can also be just as effective and appealing.
So what did it sell for? Well, about an hour ago, the hammer went down on this very rare piece of vinyl – and sold for a staggering US $456.00 (approximately £348.28). I will be giving our vinyl section of the Archive a complete overhaul in the very near future as the amount of new discoveries seems to be forever growing. When completed I will be deleting the original dedicated page and replacing with a new post rather than updating the old page, so be sure to check back regularly.
Check out the beautiful images below and see what $456.00 can get you in the form of vinyl. 
In the meantime, I’m off to weep quietly to myself in a dark corner…

No comments: