Saturday 16 January 2021

The Good, the Bad, the Ugly and Ringo!

I thought I’d kick off 2021 with this rather amusing Italian Locandina poster for ‘Ringo Prega Il Tuo Dio... Ora T'Ammazzo’ (1967). It was just one of many Ringo spin off movies that began to swamp the genre - which was becoming something of a minefield around this time. The film has an English translation of RINGO PRAY YOUR GOD ... NOW I WILL KILL YOU – yep, I know…

However, it was our eagle-eyed UK correspondent Davy Triumph who spotted this a few weeks ago and purchased the poster for himself. Not that Davy is a big Ringo fan, but it was just something about the artwork which stood out as a little ‘familiar’ to him. The artist, credited as ‘Mos’, was clearly influenced by the previous year’s Leone classic The Good, the bad and the ugly as the painting is clearly based upon a famous still from the movie. We can’t blame the artist for this cheeky bit of license of course, I believe someone once said, ‘You only borrow from the best’, and who are we to argue with that.

My thanks to Davy Triumph.


No comments: