Sunday 25 June 2023

Thunderbolt & Lightfoot / Mr. Majestyk rare drive in Ad

Thunderbolt & Lightfoot / Mr. Majestyk rare drive in Ad

Here’s a great little piece of nostalgia passed on to me (with thanks) from friend of the Archive, Jayne Smart. It’s an ad for the Knoxville Drive-In, which use to be located at 128 Forrest Park Boulevard, Knoxville, TN 37919. Thunderbolt & Lightfoot and Mr. Majestyk were both released thru United Artists, and both were 1974 productions. So, I guess the people at U/A wasted very little time in doubling up (and ramping up) the testosterone levels by creating a local Eastwood vs Bronson ‘All action show’ publicity campaign. I’m pretty confident we could had gathered a ‘carload’ of friends together and happily handed over our $2.00 for the privilege of watching these two great movies in one show. 

The Knoxville Drive-In was opened on August 11th, 1948 and closed on September 28th, 1980. 

* July 1st - I actually pulled both Blu-rays and did watch these back-to-back, and they do work great as a double-bill feature. Inspired me so much, I had to put together a little mock-up Quad poster - so posting it here just for fun. 

No comments: