Friday 31 May 2024

Happy 94th Birthday

Happy 94th Birthday
Well, May 31st of course signifies Clint’s 94th Birthday, so I’m just posting this brief Birthday wish on behalf of all fans and the people here on the Archive.
To be honest – I feel a little despondent this time around. With a new film on the horizon, the lack of production news, no teaser artwork, a total lack of advance publicity in fact – seems to me – a little bleak to say the least. 
I think back and recall how a new Eastwood film would be something to really rejoice about, an event that carried with it a genuine sense of excitement. Yet, today, it feels pretty poor in comparison and I’m finding it increasingly harder to get excited – but not through the want of trying. 
I could post something here along the lines of ‘a compilation of highlights’ or Clint’s ‘greatest achievements’, the usual rehash, but to be honest it’s nothing that can’t be found on a hundred other sites, who just seem to sparkle into life when Clint turns another year older  - but I’ve tried to deliver a bit more than that month after month, year after year, I guess the publicity and general exposure surrounding a new, upcoming film is simply regarded as unimportant today, certainly in comparison of how it use to be.
So, with no new news of Juror #2, no advance artwork or poster, nothing on the release date, and zero in regards to marketing in general – I’ll simply leave it at Happy Birthday. 
Times have certainly changed…. 

No comments: