Thursday 1 August 2024

Photo Opportunity #52

Photo Opportunity #52

Our Photo Opportunity for the month of August features this great profile shot of Clint taken for a costume test shoot for the Paramount musical Paint Your Wagon.

I’m really pleased to get this up on the Archive as I don’t believe this photo has been published, certainly not in anything I have seen. I’ve probably owned this for some 25 years or more, and is part of a collection of about 15. So why has it taken so long for me to put up? Well, these glorious images are actually on original studio 35mm transparency slides! 

I probably have several 100 Eastwood slides – some of which date as far back as the European Dollar publicity tour of Europe in 1967. The advantage of these slides is the fact that they really hold their colour. And just lately I’ve finally treated myself to a digital slide and Negative (yes there are Negatives as well) scanner in order to get some of these lovely rare images up on the Archive. 

Please forgive the watermarks on these images – it is simply for reasons of protection. I’ve seen too many rogues on auction sites blatantly ripping off images and selling poor quality prints purely to make money. These images are rare – and once upon a time, I paid a great deal of money for them. 

Clint Eastwood Paint Your Wagon profile, from 35mm Kodak Ektachrome Slide   

No comments: