Thursday 21 May 2020

Warner Bros presents the Future rare publicity brochure

I thought I would take the opportunity to post this very rare and very important glossy card folder/ brochure produced by Warner Brothers very early in 1971. It’s a large piece to capture by scanning, but one of our administrative team Steve Saragossi recently came up with these great images that really do it justice, so my thanks to Steve. 
So why is it so collectable? Well, a look inside among the many ‘in production’ ads, you may spot a certain Frank Sinatra lined up as Dirty Harry. Yes, this is the only ad that appeared linking Sinatra to the upcoming movie. Closer inspection also reveals that the assigned director at this time was Irvin Kershner (1923-2010). Sinatra of course had to pull out of the project after injuring his wrist. The thought of carrying the heavy .44 Magnum suddenly became an issue, and was not going to help aid his recovery. It’s a lovely historic document, and something that doesn’t come along too often – so my advice would be to grab one should you ever find one. I can’t even recall where or when I purchased mine – but I’m certainly glad I did.  

1 comment:

man with no name said...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FRANK-SINATRA-AS-DIRTY-HARRY-1st-PROMOTION-of-Star-Wars-GEORGE-LUCAS-WB1970/392797895028?hash=item5b74943974:g:ZYsAAOSwdwRc6RLY

worth a few dollars more now Darren