Monday 25 October 2021

Paint Your Wagon: Paramount Press Still Gallery

Paint Your Wagon: Paramount Press Still Gallery
A short time ago I was browsing through some folders and it occurred to me just how many varied stills were produced by Paramount to promote their epic musical Paint Your Wagon. Because there are so many, I thought it warranted a page of its own. They constantly seem to be appearing with varied scene shots, some behind the scenes shots and a great deal of support and extra cast members. There are obviously different types of these photos from all around the world, for example - some borderless (as here in the U.K.) and some which carry an NSS number to the front. However, all of these gathered together here are of the variety which carries the white Paramount information strip at the bottom of each still. Not only are they (imo) the most appealing, but also appear to be the most commonly issued format. I have absolutely no idea of how many different photos were produced all together, but I have a feeling it must have been quite an amount. As with our other dedicated photo gallery (Where Eagles Dare), I will constantly add and update to this gallery and adjust the count here in the description as it builds. You will find a few of these already exist here on the Archive on the dedicated Paint Your Wagon page which can be found here. I will leave them in place. Other formats of press stills can also be found there as well as different shots. Just to begin, I have uploaded 30 different press stills here.


No comments: