Thursday 23 June 2022

In the Line of Fire Rare Original 1993 Storyboards

In the Line of Fire Rare Original 1993 Storyboards

Here’s something you don’t see too often – storyboards from a Clint Eastwood movie. To be quite honest, I don’t believe I have ever heard Clint speak of story boarding any of his movies – it just doesn’t seem to fit in with his way of directing or film making in general – but I may be wrong?  Of course, it makes perfect sense in this instance as In the Line of Fire wasn’t an Eastwood directed movie but instead made by Wolfgang Petersen. Many fans feel that the short break from directing (and instead focusing on his acting) worked well for Eastwood and the film remains a firm favourite among his body of work.

These lovely crafted storyboards were drawn by Carl Aldana - who would later serve as Peterson’s art director on the equally excellent Air Force One (1997). Each of these drawings measure approximately 14" x 8”, with several of them being signed by the artist. These drawings, as expected, do not come cheap, but the seller has also opened them up to offers – do you feel lucky? 

I would image they’d look terrific framed, and if you wanted to buy me one while you’re there – 
I will make you a promise that I’ll find an adequate piece of wall space to display it! 
Joking aside, they can be found easily enough on Ebay.  
 

No comments: