Friday 24 June 2022

The incredibly rare Dirty Harry UK Double Crown poster

The incredibly rare Dirty Harry UK Double Crown poster

A couple of weeks ago an old dealer friend of mine contacted me with a rather fantastic photo. I have to admit, it had me really scratching my head. I had never before seen this incredibly rare Dirty Harry UK double crown poster (approx. 20” x 30”). The seller Patrick asked me about it as he was researching it, and kindly wanted me to have an image for the Archive to hold and for the site’s readership (thank you kindly Patrick).

Patrick knows that I am always keen to try and digitally restore a poster or a photo in order for it to be presented in the condition that it would had been seen back in the day – and with a poster as rare as this one, there aren’t really too many examples about on the internet – in this particular instance, none at all!

So working on that basis, I set out to restore it for the Archive and present it alongside the original poster that Patrick is selling. It turned out to be a real pleasure working on it and bringing it back to its vivid, former glory.  The poster is now up for auction and I hope it does really well for him. Full details are available HERE

My kindest thanks to Patrick for making sure we could secure it for the Archive, we are all very much appreciative.  

Below: The digitally restored version of the UK Double Crown Poster

Below: Patrick's rare original poster 

No comments: