Wednesday 8 March 2023

UK Boys comic Valiant 12th January 1974

UK Boys comic Valiant 12th January 1974

Here’s a nice little collectable that I discovered and managed to secure late last year. I’ve been meaning to scan it ever since. This is the January 12th, 1974 issue of the UK Boys comic, Valiant. The comic ran from 4th October 1962 – 16th October 1976 with a total of 712 issues published. I was eager to grab it, wondering what it contained inside. However, it ended up contained nothing other than the quiz question set on the front of the comic, with the answer tucked away on the pages inside. Nevertheless, I wasn’t disappointed, it was great to see the whole front cover practically dedicated to the man with no name character from Leone’s Dollar trilogy – and some 10 years after the film was made. I suppose if anything, it still illustrated that the character was continuing to find a place within popular culture.  

No comments: