Wednesday 23 August 2023

High Plains Drifter – The French Release 50 Years Ago Today

High Plains Drifter – The French Release 50 Years Ago Today
To continue our mini celebration of High Plains Drifter’s 50th Anniversary, I thought I’d today focus on the French release of the film which took place on this very day five decades ago. 
In order to try and come up with something a little different, I have raided my files in order to try and bring something new to the Archive. I think I did pretty well actually, comparing with what exists already on High Plains Drifter’s dedicated page – I’ve managed to locate all of this French material which is new to the site. Aside from the French theatrical release poster – all of the following material appears here for the very first time - and ties in with today’s French anniversary release. 
I will of course add all of this material to the High Plains Drifter page very soon, as I also discovered a few more pieces that should also be added. Enjoy. 

Below: The French theatrical release poster for High Plains Drifter
Below: The French lobby set of 12 for High Plains Drifter
Below: The double-sided French Fold-out synopsis sheet
Below: A set of French Production Notes
Below: A couple of Original French Newspaper advertisements 
Below: I thought I'd take the opportunity to post the 40th Anniversary French Blu-ray here too. It's also a great chance to post the blu-ray Anniversary trailer which boasts a full restoration and remaster. It has to be said, the film never looked so good and would highly recommend it. 
Below: The 40th Anniversary blu-ray trailer
              

No comments: