Monday 21 August 2023

My Wife Maggie by Clint Eastwood: Original early 60’s feature


My Wife Maggie by Clint Eastwood: Original early 60’s feature
I was going through a large binder of cuttings and magazine articles at the weekend, and rediscovered this nice piece. It’s always been an article that I’ve never been able to pin down the source. I think I’ve been put off posting it here on the Archive – purely for that reason, perhaps hoping I might someday discover its origins. But I think I may have to concede on this one and admit defeat. I’m not sure why, but I’ve always felt it is from an American publication. What’s obvious is the fact that Clint was still making Rawhide at the time, so we can at least narrow it down to probably the early 1960’s. Rawhide ran from 24th December 1959 (UK) to 7th December 1965. Running for 3 pages, it’s a great little insight into Clint’s early beginnings and his meeting with Maggie. So, I thought it was about time to produce some good scans of the pages for reproducing here. I’ve never seen this piece on the internet before, and it’s not from any magazines I have in my collection – so this was probably passed on to me many years ago in this form – just the complete 3-page article. I have also added a further picture below that I’ve not posted on the Archive before. Whilst it is unrelated, it is however from the same period.
Below: Clint with Maggie at the US premiere of Carl Foreman’s The Victors, New York City, 19th December 1963

No comments: