Friday 19 January 2024

Eastwood: Pieces from the past No 2


Eastwood: Pieces from the past No 2
I had to try and archive this article; I suppose purely for personal reasons. I have a strong, vivid memory of this piece which I have re-touched to a small degree, but it still bears some old, dry tape residue marks. The evidence of these ‘battle scars’ actually forms the very reason why this article still remains so personal. The reason being, they once formed part of a school project book! 

The clues to Clint’s age contained within the article date it to 1977. This would make perfect sense, and would have dated me at the age of 13. In school we were given the task of compiling a project piece, an overview of a famous person such as a sports star, a pop star or (as I chose) a film star.  

So, within this exercise book I’d scribbled my reasons, what was the appeal of my chosen subject - and along with that taped in several cuttings I’d found in old magazines. I was rather proud of that little project as I remember, and for some reason, I held on to these few remaining pages. 
I don’t think I realised then where it would eventually take me! 

No comments: