Saturday, 18 July 2026

Harry’s 44 Magnum: Final Hammer Price


Harry’s 44 Magnum: Final Hammer Price
As promised, I am just reporting back on the final Hammer price for this extraordinary piece of memorabilia. It was on July 16th, 2026 that the Hammer came down on Clint’s .44 Magnum calibre revolver with a 6.5" barrel – and finished at a whopping $206, 250.00! 
We of course have no idea where the gun finally ended up – but I can tell you it wasn’t with me! Congratulations to whoever became the lucky owner – a very wise investment I’m sure, but let’s hope it also provides a great deal of pleasure. 
I guess I will have to make do with my replica revolver which I bought back around 1980 – It may not have the providence of this particular gun, but I’d never part with it just the same. 
By pure coincidence, I was sifting through a huge box of cuttings last weekend and came across some lovely box art for a plastic model kit of the 44 Magnum (again, the 6.5" barrel). I tried to find some history of this kit and found that one had sold in a Worthpoint auction, but unfortunately there was no date of when this was produced other than the 80’s. The Auction description read: 
The LS replica guns are model kits in 1/1 scale made replica plastic model kit to build featuring a Smith & Wesson 44 Magnum B-4 design item # M29 6.5 inches in length. Depicting the pistol that was made famous from the Dirty Harry Movies. Imported from Japan, these unassembled kits offer a detailed replica of the firearm for collectors and hobbyists. With a focus on accuracy and quality, these LS replica guns are a must-have for enthusiasts of models and kits. New In Original Sealed Packaging from the 1980's. An out of production model kit.
Something a lot more affordable to us mere mortals…. Anyway, thought I’d try and scan the box art and include it here. 
Below: The LS Plastic kit box art from Japan

No comments: