Rare Rawhide Candid from 1964
I stumbled across this wonderful photo on the web some time ago and stuck it in a folder for good keeping. I pulled it last week and began restoring it removing spots and blemishes, improving the colour balance and was really pleased with the results, pleased enough to post it here anyway.
The picture captures Clint, Paul Brinegar (Wishbone) (1917-1995) and one of the Rawhide crew. Paul Brinegar would also later appear in Clint’s first self-directed western, High Plains Drifter (1973). The photo was taken in a diner, apparently in 1964. The year 1964 was significant of course as this was also the same year Clint departed for Rome during the Rawhide Hiatus in order to make a little picture called The Magnificent Stranger. I wonder what ever happened to that movie?
This photo captures a great moment in time and free of any AI interference – just as it should be.
My kindest thanks to the original uploader of the photo.


No comments:
Post a Comment