Tuesday 6 February 2018

Collecting Clint in print # 1 Clint Eastwood Film Portraits No5 (French)

After a brief conversation about this rare French publication last night, I thought it was about time to cover the publications and books on Clint. It’s not a new idea. I planned on originally creating one long section on the books to tie in with our 10th Anniversary last year. However, time got the better of me and I just didn’t get around to finishing it in time. So I thought it would be better to approach them on a one-to-one basis. It also means I can do it as time allows and they make for good little posts in between other stories and news pieces. Some publications are now very rare, such as this first book. It was impossible to find a picture of it on the web; therefore I have had to take a scan of the book.

Clint Eastwood Film Portraits No5 (French) was a series of books from France. The series also covered stars such as Chalton Heston, Charles Bronson and Paul Newman. It was approx. A4 (8.3 x 11.7) in size and consisted of 50 pages. The Eastwood edition has a date inside as November – December 1978. There was a good spread of full page and half page bw photos with a centrefold of Eastwood as Josey Wales. It’s a very hard publication to find these days, I don’t recall ever seeing one on Ebay, and imagine it would command quite a high price on today’s market.
Below: Front and back covers
                

No comments: