Wednesday 4 February 2009

CLINT EASTWOOD ORIGINAL NEWSPAPER AD BLOCKS

I thought it was about time I pulled my thumb out and started to try and update this site as it seems to be very popular in deed, I'd like to thank the many people who drop by, the amount of hits on this site knocked me for six! I have 1000's of things to add, not only from each film Clint has ever starred or directed, but tons of collectables which really deserve to be seen.
Although far from complete, I thought I would try and at least get many more sections added, and then add items to each of the sections as and when I manage to get them done (as I like to clean and restore each items where possible before I actually show them)
For this section and to start things off once again, I would like to display the first few of many original newspaper or TV guide ads. These are super to view as many of them often contain very different artwork to that used on the original film posters, often thrown away with the original paper or magazine, they have become rather rare over the years. Here at the Archive we strive to preserve such treasures. If you should have any of these that you have collected over the years and would like to share the image please feel free to contact me, but do check first as I have a ton more to add, in the meantime ENJOY!























Below: This ad block is for DIRTY HARRY, even though the image is from MAGNUM FORCE and the tagline inspired from SUDDEN IMPACT.












Below: Not a TV Ad, but a rare cinema Ad for the double bill, Dirty Harry & The Enforcer



Below: A cinema Ad for Thunderbolt & Lightfoot


Below: A very rare Industry Ad for the Academy Awards Consideration Screening for THE OUTLAW JOSEY WALES.

















Above: A rare block for the US Network TV premiere of EVERY WHICH WAY BUT LOOSE. Great alternative artwork.
Below: Clint as Philo finds his problems piling up! Again, a fabulous alternative design for EVERY WHICH WAY BUT LOOSE.









Below: This French ad block does it's job without even featuring an image of Eastwood







The above Ad for Tightrope is a rather strange design, as the centre image is a shot from Tightrope.
The hand holding the gun to the left is a publicity shot from Magnum Force
And the picture to the right is actually from In the Line of Fire, a gun has also been added to Clint's hand!









Above: I only have this version in a damaged form (to Clint's face) if anyone has a replacement version, please do contact me, thanks in advance.











MORE ADS CAN BE FOUND HERE

No comments: